Wild Child Playground

come in... take off your hat, take everything off if you want, but watch out for the lion, it bites and we don't like blood on the furniture

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

In the Balance

OK. So here I am as per request of my favorite Zombie slayer. It has been far too long since I have given my writing (aka my blogs) the attention they deserve and so I would like to correct that.

I would like to start using this blog for what it was meant for in the first place; my unbound expressions, my deep dirty thoughts and my flailing fantasies. So that is my intention.

Speaking of flailing fantasies... does anyone remember those Ally McBeal shows? I never really watched them, but the few that I did see, I always like those little fantasy sequences where you would see Ally doing crazy things like breathing fire, or biting of the head off of a co-worker and spitting it across the room. Kind of seeing inside her head. I have those moments. Like the other day I could see myself grabbing my two roommates by the hair, one in each hand, and throwing them out the door into the snow. All exaggerated, like when a guy gets thrown out of a bar in a movie. I've had many such fantasy's moments in my head this last week.

I don't even need to go into it really. Its a story you have heard before. Evil roommates! Suffice it to say; some people can't live together, and some people want to help others so badly that they don't realize that they are getting blind-sided by their 'good' friends. The cost has been so damned high that I can't help but feel like a fool for not learning this lesson earlier. This week, I got figuratively kicked in the balls. Luckily I have self-restraint and did not choke anybody. Now it is merely a waiting game until the end of the month, when the two offensive parties will be leaving the house. Unfortunately for the time being I have had to place my son in my cousins care, because the people here are vindictive and unstable and I refuse to subject him to the abuse they were dishing out. Nothing like some childish, but very mean, threats to throw ones life into perspective.

So I have finally, I repeat FINALLY come to this conclusion; no more roommates. I will no longer allow people into my life and/or house that can potentially threaten the well-being of my family. Even with the nicest of roomies, you cannot control what happens in their life and so cannot in turn control what they do that may affect your life. It took me way too long to come to this conclusion, and almost brought violence out of me realizing it too, but I have made it through unscathed, or at least unscarred. Its been a long road.

I plan to post far more than I have in many moons, and the next post will be far more interesting. This is just my way of saying, "Hello. I'm still here, just cleaning up some messes to make room for the adventures to come."

See ya soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Welcome back!

    Girl, you've always had the worst luck with roommates. Yeah, it would probably be best just you and your son.

    As for Ally McBeal, I used to watch it with a female friend of mine (had to ditch Mrs. Z when it was on, she hated it). It's funny because my friend and I started analyzing why we liked it and both came to the conclusion that we loved her because she always failed to get the guy. I felt her pain.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where are you all? Hope the zombies haven't taken over Canada!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter