Wild Child Playground

come in... take off your hat, take everything off if you want, but watch out for the lion, it bites and we don't like blood on the furniture

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Serious Shoes

Hmmmmm.... I realize, having read punkbandaid's last entry, that it has been ages since I have had something like that to write about. Years since I have even gotten drunk. I can't really complain, I was never really too impressed with being drunk. Sure it has its high points, like dancing with my girlfriends or flirting with gorgeous strangers, but to tell you the truth, I have much more fun ( and success) at doing those things NOW, when I am not drunk. Like I can dance for much longer, and be way better at it, when I am not staggering or if the room is not spinning. Also I no longer need the added confidence alcohol can miss-guidedly bestow to flirt with gorgeous people. I have the audacity to approach anyone and everyone I want to, without the need to then slurr my words.

It reminds me of this one guy who tried hard to impress me and pick me up at the local bar. He asked me if he could buy me a drink, and he seemed like a nice enough guy, not exactly what I am attracted to, but I hate to give out rejection if I don't have to. So I accepted his offer and we sat down together to chat while we enjoyed our drinks. Not more then 3 minutes into our conversation, he gestured a little too enthusiastically and successfully knocked my entire drink onto my lap, not missing my chest in the process. The look of horror and embarrassment on his face made me laugh so hard. It was really not the worst thing that could have happened, I am pretty easy going, but he didn't feel the same. He could barely look me in the eye after that... poor guy.

I do have some fond memories of getting drunk though, it can't have been all bad, and although it does tend to make people want to have more sex, it often incapacitates men from actually performing... well not all men and not all the time, luckily. But even if you are not incapacitated, I personally don't like the room to spin when I am having sex, it makes me ill, not too mention the smell of alcohol is NOT an aphrodisiac by any means. The hangover the next morning also inhibits any fun romping you may want. Now this isn't to say that I don't like having a glass of wine every once in a while, or a nice cold corona with lime, but I just don't ever like to get to the point of drunk.

I have a good friend who is SO much like me when I was 17, that it amazes me at how much I have changed. Sometimes I don't feel any different then I did when I was 17, or 13, or even 10, I still remember that young girl who was afraid to approach guys at a dance, but who did it anyway and hid her insecurity and disappointment when getting turned down. It is almost insane how much that has changed... now I am the woman who gets chased by the guys. I blame my smile... it gets them every time. As a young woman, I knew that I had some peculiar power that affected men, but I didn't really know what to do with it and mostly I made messes. Now I know exactly what my affect on the opposite sex is and I have no issues putting on my serious shoes and going for what I want. And I want it all.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    You know what else makes you sexy? Your attitude and your intelligence. Sexiness is more than just a nice smile.

    Also I no longer need the added confidence alcohol can miss-guidedly bestow to flirt with gorgeous people.

    I used to drink so I had an out. Used to hate being rejected. If I got rejected, I could say that I didn't really like her, I just was drunk at the time. The things us guys do to maintain our self-image. :p

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger clothosfate said…

    I think its things that people do... that is one of the reasons I stopped drinking, I liked being able to say "Oh No, I wasn't drunk... I knew exactly what I was doing!"

    Not to mention I despise it when people say they can't remember what they did, when I KNOW that they do.

    This reminds me of a shirt I have that reads: What a difference a brain makes.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Not to mention I despise it when people say they can't remember what they did, when I KNOW that they do.

    The thing is it's socially acceptable to get away with things while drunk. That's why they lie about it, because it's socially acceptable to.

    I drink to excess because I work too hard. Used to be a huge workaholic, so when we partied, we partied hard, just so we won't die of overwork (which the Japanese actually have a name for, forgot the Japanese word for it though).

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger clothosfate said…

    hahahaa... hey I believe it. You need a way to unwind... honestly if I could drink to excess, I probably would, at least every once in a while.

    My problem is that I drink a few drinks and I suffer terribly for it, my mother is the same. It took me a few years to figure it out... but I mean how long can you get drunk and throw up for two days afterwards, before you figure out you should not drink. I'm a quick learner ;)

    To unwind.. I like to dance dance dance, or have sex, whichever happens first ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter