Wild Child Playground

come in... take off your hat, take everything off if you want, but watch out for the lion, it bites and we don't like blood on the furniture

Monday, December 12, 2005

First Hot Babe

This is my very first hot babe post, and I am going to dedicate it to my first love. I have placed pictures of him on here before, but not for this particular purpose, and since he is the one who definitely deserves the number one hot spot... I present to you, the eternally pensive River Phoenix.

As most people know, River is no longer with us, but he is far from forgotten. The first movie I can remember watching the young Phoenix in would have to be, Stand By Me, an awesome Stephen King story about some boys who go on a journey to find the body of a dead boy. River played the hard-knock, but genuinely good-hearted Chris Chambers, tough kid and best friend to the main character portrayed by Wil Wheaton. They both did excellent. Bear in mind that I was only about 10 myself when that movie came out, so he was exactly the right age for me to dream about.

The next movie that made me love him even more... (aww the days of puppy love) was Explorers. A kiddie sci-fi flick about some boys who build a spaceship and fly it into outerspace to meet some Aliens that they believe have been communicating through their dreams. Ya it was one of my all-time faves. I was a Star Wars child.

After that River went on to do The Mosquito Coast, My Own Private Idaho, The Thing Called Love, Dogfight.. to mention just a few...

He was the first poster of a boy that I placed up on my wall, and I cried the day he died. River Phoenix is my first hot babe... for sentimental reasons if anything else.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I've only seen Stand by Me of that set, so can't really judge his acting abilities. He was good in it.

    Love the song River by Natalie Merchant.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger clothosfate said…

    I am with ya ALL the way sista!! Yummy Yumm Yummmy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter